Quote of the week - Jan 04 2013

" The monsters don’t quite care if you believe in them or not, they would gobble you up just the same."
- Grace

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Posted my review for Kathy Garlock's Gone for a Soldier on goodreads and amazon.com... finally

It too me a while... Actually, it took me a very long time, I think...
I read it fairly quickly, mainly because I couldn't stop reading. Couple that with my natural insomnia, and a saw the sun come up a few nights while reading about Lucy's adventures with the First Minnesota.

Gone for a Soldier is a historical fiction, but even if that makes you look at the book with skepticism, I'd suggest you give it a try. I know I really enjoyed it, right down to the seemingly random details that to me added so much color to the whole ensemble...

I know I sound like I'm talking nonsense, but I'm trying to explain how I liked it without describing the stuff I really liked. That's hard.

Here's the goodreads review:

                                     http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/590167652

On another note, real life is mean...
... I stopped staring at the VM KS counter - and if you don't know what that is, you don't watch as much TV as you think you do. :)

And there's less than a month before the family trip...

... and I may have lied without my age without realizing it. Someone asked me my age, I told them, and now I'm thinking I told them the wrong age... Yes, that's totally possible. But in my defense, it was only off by one year and last month I was writing down the date as being Dec 2012, so a little lunacy will be expected, right?

Anyways, I just decided to make sure the blog still let me on here, it's been so long. And what are you doing online? Go read a book. j/k :P

Hugs to all,



No comments:

Post a Comment